WOULD AWARD WINNING PRESENTATION benefit your property? Then it should be my next listing! It takes talent to make one listing stand out in a crowded market. KONA HOMES Inc. and I will focus quality attention on your property, including custom photos of all properties listed (including vacant land), creative and professional digital and postal marketing. We will put a lifetime of experience at your disposal when it is time to help you negotiate. Finally, our understanding of the closing process and attention to detail will help bring your property to the closing table.
FIRST THINGS FIRST: A Current Market Analyis
Before selling, please take a look at the FREE CMA I will have sent you. That will give you a much needed idea of the housing sales in that area. Please pay special attention to the SOLDS.
*I no longer list properties that were previously "For Sale by Owner".
*I will no longer list/sell properties for other agents (whether active or inactive) who live in the state of Hawaii. Differences in escrow and sales processes are extreme. I extensively know Hawaii processes. Hawaii is DIFFERENT and unique in ALL aspects.
*If you have had a name-change (divorce, marriage etc..) escrow will need to see proof of name change if name on deed is different)
* Property held in an LLC? Escrow will need a copy of a Certificate of Good Standing
*Property held in a Trust? Escrow will need a copy of that trust.
*Unfortunately, I no longer physically assist sellers with moving, packing, driving, shipping or any other relocation services. Please click HERE for local service providers.
*I do not participate in "open listings" or "net listings".
*Documents requested from me are time-sensitive.
*ALL DOCUMENTS WILL BE SENT TO YOU FOR SIGNATURE ELECTRONICALLY. WE ARE A HIGHLY EFFICIENT PAPER-LESS OFFICE. WE CAN USE AUTHENTISIGN OR DOCUSIGN, WHICH EVER YOU PREFER. ANYTHING YOU REQUEST BE SENT TO YOU FOR WET SIGNATURE WILL BE MAILED TO YOU VIA POSTAL SERVICE. DOING THAT HOWEVER, WILL SLOW DOWN THE PROCESS BY WEEKS.
* Buying scams are REAL. Please avoid all mail solicitations from companies wanting to BUY your land for cheap. THESE ARE SCAMS. Been around for DECADES--preying on older land owners or absentee land owners. Call me for list of company names that are on the SCAM LIST. They purchase property for cheap, transfer title to their companies and auction them off for exagerrated prices. Do NOT sell your property this way.
* I now require all vacant land to be STAKED or SURVEYED prior to listing.
- Don't overprice. Pay special attention to the SOLDs in the CMA
- If you believe that all that Realtors do is input data into a computer and wait for a commission check, please do not hire me. Same goes for if you truly dont want to sell your property. If your goal is to actually let it sit because you really dont "want or need" to sell, I am not the agent for you. My goal is to SELL your property and bring you the best price that I can in the given market.
- The higher (as compared to the other properties) you list your property, the longer it remains on the market. Adjust your price and allow for some wiggle room. If you haven't had any offers within 2-3 months, or if you have rejected fair comparable offers, you've overpriced it. I will not list any property significantly higher than shown comparables.
- Hawaii MLS AND my website are syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, RedFin, Realtor.com an others--in the U.S and Canada-Your property IS adverstised-All over!
- Don't hover over showing appointments, surveyors, other agents that are showing the property, or appraisers. It would even be best not to be there. We can trust each other in this industry to use lock boxes, close and lock homes, gates and leave the property secured when we leave.
- Why a Home Seller should NOT talk with the buyers or their agents
- Do not "non-disclose". Please disclose all pertinent information regarding your home. Pay special attention to boundary pins, electrical permits (or no permits), building permits (or none), repairs, remodels, water damage, termite damage that you know of and anything else a buyer or myself need to be aware of. I will be giving you a Real Property Disclosure Statement that only you can fill out. Please be as thorough as possible and do not leave out important information.
- Read your contract~let me repeat~read your contract.
- "Seller's Remorse" is real-especially paying my commission. Let me know right away if you are having these concerns.
- We will be using Docusign. Having different email addresses for each seller will be helpful. All documents signed via Docusign will be automatically returned to you after all signatures have been received. Please keep these copies for your records.
- Please follow the timelines in the contract. There are certain due-by dates and we need to follow those deadlines.
- As a home-owner/seller, you may be asked to pay for: Staking/Survey, and Termite Inspection and treatment of termites if found. You will also be asked to fill out the Real Property Disclosure Statement.
- Please DO NOT TURN OFF POWER to your home any time during the sale. Your home may need to be appraised and it is imperative that the appraiser have access to power.
- Both Seller and Buyer appreciate an escrow/sale that closes on time. Please promptly return all paperwork to escrow. Remember that your deed (and closing documents) will need to be signed and returned promptly to avoid an extension of escrow.
- Non-Hawaii Resident Sellers-Please be aware that the State of Hawaii will withold 7.25% of the sales price (HARPTA)
- The signed deed, all paperwork and all buyers funds will need to be received by escrow at least two business days before closing. Transactions do NOT record until all funds have been received. Remember we are NOT the Mainland. Our loan sources are typically in different time zones. Please be patient.
- Proceeds from the sale will be available by the end of the closing day if you have requested a bank wire. If you have chosen by USPS, it takes 3-5 business days to arrive..contrary to p